Throughout history, people from cultures around the world have felt a spiritual connection with animals. So, in honor of those divine relationships, here are some quotes and affirmations that honor our sacred connection to our fellow Earth dwellers:
Spiritual Animal Quotes
1. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
2. “I have lived with several Zen masters – all of them cats.” – Eckhart Tolle
3. “All creatures are living in the same house. Like brothers and sisters, they share the same destiny.” – Chief Seattle
4. “The wolf is a spiritual ancestor. He guides those who are able to read his symbols.” – Sun Bear, Chippewa Medicine Man
5. “The bird of night makes the noise it does for a purpose, not to disturb the day.” – Elk Walking, Omaha
6. “The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men.” – Alice Walker
7. “The wolf is a spiritual ancestor. He guides those who are able to read his symbols.” – Sun Bear, Chippewa Medicine Man
8. “The bird of night makes the noise it does for a purpose, not to disturb the day.” – Elk Walking, Omaha
9. “The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives.” – Sioux Proverb
10. “The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men.” – Alice Walker
11. “Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” – George Eliot
12. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “The animal soul is the connecting link between man and nature.” – Carl Jung
14. “God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he’ll be there.” – Billy Graham
15. “Animals are not only beholders of great beauty but are also beholders of ancient wisdom.” – Molly Friedenfeld
16. “In their innocence and wisdom, in their connection to the earth and its most ancient rhythms, animals show us a way back to a home they have never left.” – Susan Chernak McElroy
17. “If you talk to the animals, they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys.” – Chief Dan George
18. “The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different.” – Hippocrates
19. “Animals are more than ever a test of our character, of mankind’s capacity for empathy and for decent, honorable conduct and faithful stewardship. We are called to treat them with kindness, not because they have rights or power or some claim to equality, but in a sense because they don’t; because they all stand unequal and powerless before us.” – Matthew Scully
20. “The purity of a person’s heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals.” – Anonymous
21. “Animals are God’s creatures, not human property, nor utilities, nor resources, nor commodities, but precious beings in God’s sight.” – Pope Francis
22. “The happiness of the bee and dolphin is to exist. For man, it is to know that and wonder at it.” – Jacques Cousteau
23. “If you have men who will exclude any of God’s creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.” – St. Francis of Assisi
Spirit Animal Affirmations
24. My spirit animal is a reflection of my true essence.
25. My spirit animal is a powerful guide on my journey of self-discovery.
26. The presence of my spirit animal ignites my intuition and inner wisdom.
27. My spirit animal teaches me to trust my gut feelings.
28. The whispers of animal spirits carry the wisdom of Earth’s ancient spirits.
29. The wisdom of spirit animals remind me of the interconnectedness of all living beings.
30. I embrace the sacredness of animal spirits and honor their profound connection to the divine.
31. Honoring and respecting animals is a gateway to spiritual enlightenment.