- For the Latkes: Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Dilute flaxseed meal in 2 tablespoons water and leave to bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and run the potatoes through a coarse cheese grater.
- Combine grated potatoes, flax mixture, chopped cilantro, potato starch, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Drop loose mounds of potato mixture in the hot oil and fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with apple sauce on the side.
- For the Apple Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apples are fully tender. Add more water if necessary.
- With a potato masher, mash the apples in the pan, leaving some chunks whole.
This recipe is courtesy of Nikki Brown via Foodista.com, the cooking encyclopedia that everyone can edit.