These vegan buffalo quinoa bites are the perfect appetizer or party food. They pack a punch of flavor, so they’ll be a crowd pleaser with vegans and carnivores alike.
Choose a sauce of your choice, like a vegan ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing. (See recipe videos below.)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup minced cauliflower*
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans (or navy beans)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 tbsp flour
- Buffalo sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with a non-stick mat.
- Put the cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and cover with a moist paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes or until cauliflower is softened.
- In a bowl, mash the beans with a fork until they become a thick paste, add the quinoa, garlic and cauliflower and mix until well combined. Add the flour, saltine crackers and buffalo sauce. Start with 2 tablespoons and increase until desired heat level. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Form into 1 inch balls and line onto the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until outside is crisp. Serve with more buffalo sauce.
*Note: You can usually find “riced” cauliflower in both the fresh and frozen foods section of the grocery store. If not, you can chop up the cauliflower into tiny pieces using a food processor.