This vegan avocado caprese sandwich combines dark and crusty pumpernickel bread with creamy avocado and homemade pumpkin seed cashew cheese for a must-try lunch favorite. And it wouldn’t be Italian without basil and an Italian herb marinade.
- 2 large rolls or 4 slices of bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced + tossed in 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup raw salted pepitas (I used sprouted, since they have a bit more flavor)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8-1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 Tbsp raw macadamia nut oil (or EVOO)
- 1/3-1/2+ cups plain/unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 organic tomatoes, sliced into rounds or half-moons
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian Herb Blend
- 1 Tbsp garlic extra virgin olive oil OR more raw macadamia nut oil pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp basil or micro basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped or 1/3 cup micro basil sprouts added oil or lemon juice to taste (drizzled over top)
For preparation details, visit Happy Healthy Life.
This recipe is courtesy of Foodista, the cooking encyclopedia that everyone can edit.