A great way to get your veggies in winter, this roasted vegetable salad is made with a tasty apple cider and vegan honey vinaigrette.
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Vinaigrette:
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan honey, such as Bee Free Honee or maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- For the Vegetables: Place the butternut squash and Brussels sprouts on one sheet pan, place the cauliflower, shallots and garlic on another. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil on each sheet pan. Season each with 1/2 teaspoon salt and some black pepper to taste. Using your hands, gently toss the vegetables to coat evenly with oil. Place in the oven and roast, till tender, rotating the sheet pans once, for about 20-25 minutes. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly.
- For the Vinaigrette: While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, add the apple cider vinegar, honey and salt. Mix well. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- To serve, Place the mixed baby greens in a large serving bowl. Add the cooled roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the apple cider vinaigrette and gently toss. Serve immediately.
Visit Andrea’s blog Simmer + Sauce for more recipes. (Note for my vegan friends – not all of the recipes are are vegan.)