Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Eco-Friendly Phone Case
We love seeing the wide variety of eco-friendly phone cases available these days!
Today, there is absolutely no reason to pollute the planet with a plastic phone case or one made of other undesirable materials (like leather – ick!) The time to make your can’t-live-without-it accessory more sustainable is now!
Here are a few reasons why a phone case made from sustainable materials is a good idea:
- 6 billion is the number of cell phone users around the globe. (United Nations Telecom Agency)
- 18 months is the average time people keep their cell phones before getting a new one.
- 1 billion is the number of cellphones that go into production annually. (The World Counts)
Even if just 1% of the people who are replacing their phones buys a plastic cell case, that’s a heck of a lot of plastic going into the landfill or the ocean every 18 months, and staying there – for a very long time.
What makes a phone case eco-friendly?
Here are things to look for:
- Made from natural, sustainable, and easily biodegradable materials, such as bamboo, cork, or sustainably-harvested wood
- Made of biodegradable plastic or 100% recycled plastic
- Made of toxic-free materials
- Comes with a carbon-neutral validation
- Has environmental certifications
We look for conscientious companies that value great product design and superb quality and use Earth-friendly materials. And of course – the case needs to do a stellar job of protecting your phone!
If you’re looking for a cell phone case in a specific Earth-friendly material, here are 5 options presented on UniGuide: