Vegan cheeses have really come into their own in recent years, and cheese lovers no longer have to sacrifice the taste, richness, and gooeyness of cheese if they want to go plantbased. Brands like Miyoko’s (available at Whole Foods) and others are changing the the world and cheese lovers everywhere are rejoicing.
- Whisk ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper
- In a small bowl to blend; seasoning dressing to taste with salt
- And pepper.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a flat work surface and, using a
- Brush, spread an equal amount of vinaigrette on one side of each slice.
- Top four of the slices of bread with one slice of vegan pepper jack cheese.
- Add three slices of tomato.
- Layer the four slices with the remaining Rice Vegan slices and then top with three basil leaves.
- Place the remaining four slices of bread on top.
- Brush the outside of each sandwich with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill sandwiches until bread is golden brown and slices are melted, pressing occasionally to compact with large spatula, about 5 minutes per side.
This recipe is courtesy of Amy Bunn via Foodista.com, the cooking encyclopedia that everyone can edit.