- Whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked slightly (I used lasagna noodles that don’t need to be boiled first)
- 500g portobello mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 2 big onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100g textured soy protein, granulated
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp unrefined oil
- 1 400g can peeled tomatoes
fresh or dry basil, to taste
- Grind the carrot, mushrooms, onions and pepper using your food grinder.
- Put the mixture in a large bowl and add breadcrumbs, thyme, sea salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add mixture and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Put some parchment paper on the bottom of the tray to avoid sticking and using any extra oil.
- Assemble the lasagna. Lay down one layer of noodles. Use a spatula to spread ½ of the mushroom mixture. Lay down a second layer of noodles. Spread rest of mixture. Lay down last layer of noodles.
- Cover casserole with some aluminum foil. It will cook faster.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add peeled tomatoes and basil in your food processor and blend. Pour sauce on top of lasagna.
Visit Gourmandelle.com to get more details on this recipe.
This recipe is courtesy of Ruxandra Micu, owner of Gourmandelle, via Foodista.com, the cooking encyclopedia that everyone can edit.